New Website

Jon Smart

Re: New Website

Post by Jon Smart » 17/07/2020, 8:36

Jamie Best wrote:
02/07/2020, 16:39
Ah ok i missed that, thank you.

Also, I still get an error when trying to view 'Season - All' on both statistics and ratios.
Any update on this problem Ian? Can it be fixed :?:
2x: Prem WINNERS
3x: ITN Cup WINNERS
2x: Prem Cup WINNERS
1x :Champions League WINNERS
1x: A1 WINNERS
1x: A2 WINNERS
2x: A Cup WINNERS
3x: MOTS
1x: World Cup WINNERS (Scotland)

WE ARE RENNES
LFC EPC 19-20 YNWA
Jon Smart

Post by Jon Smart » 22/08/2020, 9:53

Any news on these bug fixes Ian? I'm seeing managers leave still and very little activity at the site.Managers don't seem to be at the site as much or for as long and bug fixes are painfully slow with no progress updates,I thought with no other site to work on that things would improve but they haven't.

While I'm at it,is the there any way the message envelope could change colour when we have a new message?I don't notice it half the time.

Yes I'm having having a moan but it's been months without anything being fixed.

WE ARE RENNES
LFC EPC 19-20 YNWA
Kevin Beck

Post by Kevin Beck » 08/09/2020, 11:02

Jon Smart wrote:
22/08/2020, 9:53
Any news on these bug fixes Ian? I'm seeing managers leave still and very little activity at the site.Managers don't seem to be at the site as much or for as long and bug fixes are painfully slow with no progress updates,I thought with no other site to work on that things would improve but they haven't.

While I'm at it,is the there any way the message envelope could change colour when we have a new message?I don't notice it half the time.

This is the most interesting thing for me Jon. I'm a big advocate of the new site; really like it, think it brings the game into the 21st century and will surely appeal to new and existing managers as we get used to the change.

I'd really like to know what Ian and his team, as well as current managers within the game, are going to do/can do to get new blood into the game and reignite the interest of managers who have been in the game for a long, long time who might have been looking for something a bit more than a new look to the game in its development.

I've just logged in at 10:30am and the only manager online is me. That's been quite a regular thing in recent weeks yet something that was rare even a few months ago. We have had 10 new managers sign up this year (9 since the new site was launched, which is decent actually) and their activity details are below;

Abdul Rokib - signed up 8th Jan, last logged in 9th Jan.
Maciej Bartoszek - signed up 17th June, not logged in since.
Peter Turner - signed up 17th June, not logged in since 22nd July.
YedPrior - signed up 24th June, not logged in since 5th July.
Pieros - signed up 7th July and not logged in since.
Sam McPharlen - signed up 12th July, last logged on today (8th Sept).
STEVIE G - signed up 19th July, not logged in since 26th July.
Joao Carlos Batista - signed up 17th August, last logged in yesterday (7th Sept).
McStockington - signed up 17th August, last logged in yesterday (7th Sept).
Onecrumpet - signed up 2nd Sept, last logged in 3rd Sept.

Only Sam McPharlen, Joao Carlos Batista, and McStockington are showing any signs of sticking around - and even then it's early doors on the latter two as they've only been registered a few weeks.

9 new sign ups in the last few months is encouraging, but the drop off most certainly isn't. We need to retain new managers (and old) otherwise all Ian and his team's efforts to bring us the new site has been for nothing.
Celtic
Sam McPharlen

Post by Sam McPharlen » 10/09/2020, 5:13

Kevin Beck wrote:
08/09/2020, 11:02
Jon Smart wrote:
22/08/2020, 9:53

This is the most interesting thing for me Jon. I'm a big advocate of the new site; really like it, think it brings the game into the 21st century and will surely appeal to new and existing managers as we get used to the change.

I'd really like to know what Ian and his team, as well as current managers within the game, are going to do/can do to get new blood into the game and reignite the interest of managers who have been in the game for a long, long time who might have been looking for something a bit more than a new look to the game in its development.

I've just logged in at 10:30am and the only manager online is me. That's been quite a regular thing in recent weeks yet something that was rare even a few months ago. We have had 10 new managers sign up this year (9 since the new site was launched, which is decent actually) and their activity details are below;

Abdul Rokib - signed up 8th Jan, last logged in 9th Jan.
Maciej Bartoszek - signed up 17th June, not logged in since.
Peter Turner - signed up 17th June, not logged in since 22nd July.
YedPrior - signed up 24th June, not logged in since 5th July.
Pieros - signed up 7th July and not logged in since.
Sam McPharlen - signed up 12th July, last logged on today (8th Sept).
STEVIE G - signed up 19th July, not logged in since 26th July.
Joao Carlos Batista - signed up 17th August, last logged in yesterday (7th Sept).
McStockington - signed up 17th August, last logged in yesterday (7th Sept).
Onecrumpet - signed up 2nd Sept, last logged in 3rd Sept.

Only Sam McPharlen, Joao Carlos Batista, and McStockington are showing any signs of sticking around - and even then it's early doors on the latter two as they've only been registered a few weeks.

9 new sign ups in the last few months is encouraging, but the drop off most certainly isn't. We need to retain new managers (and old) otherwise all Ian and his team's efforts to bring us the new site has been for nothing.
was having a nose around & stumbled upon this. will chuck my view as a new manager in.

first impressions; it didn't grab me from day 1. the lack of visuals make the game feel dated. I also feel there are to many links to navigate when it could be compressed to 1-screen map navigation type (if that makes sense)
after some time, alot of reading & talking to others I saw the potential with ITN and as a result have become more active.

i feel if the match engine had a massive upgrade, with the right advertising you could really appeal to those e-sport competitive gamers. with that said I appreciate this is a completely free game that has alot of positives. but when key areas lack the positives are well hidden

I don't know if I will stick around. the biggest put off for me is the 1 tactic beats all issue with the 3-4-3. & if that's the case long term, I cant see me being here for long.
Kevin Beck

Post by Kevin Beck » 11/09/2020, 15:27

Great insight, thanks for contributing Sam.

Totally agree about the menu options and lack of graphics; would really like to see things like kits appearing instead of blank kit outlines, menu buttons/shortcuts where possible instead of lists, etc going forward without doubt. I know Ian is probably restricted (both with software and image rights) as to what he can do, and of course already commits an awful lot of his time to the game, but it's always worth discussing this sort of thing as Ian likes to do some End of Season changes to try and keep development going.

Really interesting to hear a new manager speak up about 343. Personally, I don't have an issue with it. One formation is usually the flavour of a generation in real life football; was 442 when I was a kid, seen a spell of 352, then 451/433 seems to be the popular way these days. The main reason I don't have an issue with it is because the 4 tactics settings really do make a significant difference in performance and results; you really can get hammered and play poorly playing 343 - trust me, it's happened here at Celtic plenty of times!

I would say it's taken me 6 seasons (3 years in real terms), maybe 6/7 different tactic combinations, and a lot of player research to be genuine Premier League contenders. It's not as easy as picking 343 and away you go. If more formations were competitive, I think the game would be even more difficult and time consuming to challenge for the big trophies. Of course, there is always the high probability that another formation (with the correct set of tactics to suit the players) would come to dominate again and we'd be in the same position. Even Football Manager, which is obviously much greater advanced, ends up having a super formation/tactic which destroys all comers.

What I think would make the greatest difference to the game play is the use of substitutes (so they actually have an impact on the game) and more individual player instructions (Corners/Pens/Forward For Set Pieces doesn't provide enough options for the manager's instructions to make a great deal of difference). If these two things were enhanced, there would be less emphasis placed on the formation/team tactics IMO.
Celtic
Matthew Ruggy

Post by Matthew Ruggy » 17/09/2020, 8:21

If I'm going to be honest, I actually prefer the old site to the new site. It's just visually awful.

If all the coding is saved from the old site, is it possible to allow managers to choose between the new and old site as a skin selection?
Vitesse Arnhem Manager
Jon Smart

Post by Jon Smart » 22/09/2020, 18:47

I'm looking at the reserve fixtures for MD58 so I can update the reminder topic and getting the 500-Internal server error page again,I thought this has been fixed?

Although I can see MD60 reserve fixtures?

WE ARE RENNES
LFC EPC 19-20 YNWA