New website

Ian Foletto

New website

Post by Ian Foletto » 08/01/2020, 17:02

Here I am with some news on the new website. Sorry for the wait, I did hope to have news earlier, but as always, things get a bit more winding than one would expect...
The new server with the hosting company has been set up, the pages and the database of the new site are mostly up and running. This gives me the chance to check if everything works without closing the actual site down.
I lost 4 days unfortunately due to something not working properly and that the hosting company give me the solution today.
Anyway now I am still checking links and having all done. Most time consuming is getting and fitting images, but slowly I'm getting closer every day.
The monthly subscription with the old site expires on Jan 17th, so the dream would be to have it all ready by then, let's hope I'll be able to.
What will happen when ready is that I'll freeze the old site like in an update, so that the database doesn't get changed. I copy it to the new one, apply modifications, and then the hosting company switch the old one off and the new one on. It will probably take about 24 hrs for internet nodes to record the address change.
Anyway I'll keep you informed step by step.