Crea sito
Register Login with your social network DO NOT USE YET!

ITN SKIN upgrade

ITN SKIN upgrade

Postby Ian Foletto » 05/04/2018, 13:39

With regard to http://itnsoccerforum.altervista.org/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=13634, as promised here I am to open the first "team" of users willing to help me with this primary task, which has taken too long so far.
Users that have some coding knowledge of html, or also about databases, SEO, graphical design... and would like to be involved in finishing off the new site are welcome to join in.
We will keep a forum to keep work up to date, and where I will ask for help.
Before there are any misunderstanding, no user will have access to relevant code to take advantage in the game. I will only involve them in graphical or website concepts.

Re: ITN SKIN upgrade

Postby Ian Foletto » 16/04/2018, 15:07

update.

The new site has been uploaded in a test environment. It is not complete, there are still some missing parts, but it is a good 60-70% up.
A quicker way is to just have the current site done, but, since I'm working on it, I'd love to have some new features in, so that it is changed for more than a purpose. Of course this slow down things a bit, but I'll see how far I can get.
Some users that offered to help have been included in this process. Just to clarify, they've been added in a private group to be able to exchange suggestions, tests etc... The group is private not because I don't want everyone to know or to see the site, but because the site is still in demo and might have missing parts, might corrupt the database test, might not be totally secure, and it would be silly to share details in a public forum at this stage.
I will update you all though, and might add some screenshot later on to inform you how work progress.

Postby Ian Foletto » 10/05/2018, 16:15

Only when you have to change all the pages you realize how many they are... :roll: :P
Anyway, the site is almost complete (meaning that almost all pages of the old site have been "translated" in the new site), though some pages are giving me headaches.
Anyway, we're already testing it with the users helping out, simulating contract renewals, players sales etc.
There's still a lot to be done, in particular for graphical aspects, like icons, alignments of buttons, menus etc... but seeing the site already working give hope and strength to carry on.

Postby Ian Foletto » 06/06/2018, 9:24

Update.
The last couple of weeks have been amongst the worst I've had since day 1.
Basically:
- INT server failed, it has yet to come back from Czech Republic (yes, you read it right) after repair. It should be back soon according to what they said, but still this slow me a lot as it is fast, and working on the backup server is a pain.
- ITN backup server, which is the old one that failed one year ago, and is 10 years old, was missing the ac/power unit. I had to get a new one fast to make it work and install ITN virtual machine
- A thunderstorm knocked down my broadband aerial, and I've been without internet for 4 days. It is now repaired.
All this meant that I could not work on ITN for a week, and I'm still slowed down by the server.

In addition, as you may all know, GDPR kicked in on the 25th of May. I've had to stop working on the new site to update the privacy section. ITN is a small site, which has never retrieved dangerous users data, nor has ever sold or given away any data (companies look for sites with millions of users, surely not us... ;) ).
Also we don't use particular cookies, trackings or anything else.
Still I've had to fix a couple of issues, and more important, I'm changing the register page for the new skin.

Anyway, still things progressed a bit. I'd say we are at around 80% of the new site done.
In the meantime there have been some testing, both on the new site, and the game engine.
I might give important game engine news soon, depending on how testing goes.

I am also testing about the eventual new attributes levels, which I'm keen to bring in for the new season.
If it all goes in place it would be the biggest change for many years.
I will update soon.

Return to End Of Season 32