Crea sito
Register Login with your social network DO NOT USE YET!

Player views and transfer market

Player views and transfer market

Postby Ian Foletto » 31/10/2016, 10:57

As you recently saw there has been quite a lot of new stuff on player views.
We are getting near to the final version (or at least for the first period, we could still have to reset values once the feature kicks in).
I will post here a full guide on how to understand what the players tell you. There are a lot of info now, more than meets the eye.

Anyway at the moment the feature is working, but is not yet active on renewals. Renewals are still working with the old formula.
So you can already start to understand how it works, and see where your players are at the moment. Please note that we're still testing though, and the threshold where a player wants to renew or don't want to renew are still not definitive.

There will be some side rules that will be added, to avoid users bending the rules, in the next week.
To start with there is a new limit of 2 players on loan from the same team at the same time, and this is enforced from now.
Soon there will be the adding of a feature where a player won't want to go back to a team where he left for a period of time. Will update you with when this happens and how long the block.

This topic will be updated during the next days.

Re: Player views and transfer market

Postby Ian Foletto » 01/12/2016, 16:20

Quick update - 1st December

Just a quick update after the new season update.

Update went well. Champions Cup prizes have been awarded, then only ones yet to award are youth tournaments ones.

Players thoughs linked to contract renewals are almost ready. Only a few sentences missing and the renewal page to be fixed. We expect to have it all working around MD 5 when some resets take place.

Teams cannot have more than 2 players on loan from the same team.

Talking about resets: there has been a change to Morale. It won't be reset for all players to the maximum. From this season every player will have a new season boost of one level, and this happens after MD4 when the league starts.
This will make the game more realistic, without having an unhappy player going to extremely happy overnight.
Remember anyway that morale will not have the importance it had before on contract renewals.

Training speed is a bit quicker than last season.

Postby Ian Foletto » 19/12/2016, 17:30

Player views feature is almost ready, we hope to have it finally in place in the next hours.
Players sentences are now all in place, you should not get any strange code messages any more.
Here's a guide on the new feature, so you know what to expect and how it works:

HAPPINESS
We have revamped contract renewals to better reflect a players willingness to renew. Initially we have set the refusal limits slightly lower than we want in order to give managers time to adapt. It would be unfair to force managers to lose players only to lower the threshold in the future having found we had set the bar too high.

As with the current system we are broadly using the same 2 factors to determine happiness - gametime and 'personal' (morale, hidden attributes etc.) happiness. So what has changed?

1 - the new system differentiates based on the individual player and the games he has played in. A top player in their peak may require regular high-level games in order to maintain a high level of gametime happiness. A younger, developing player on the other hand may only need a handful of reserve games. The amount and quality of games required depends on how good the player is.
2 - the old system only used the current season when looking at gametime which created a problem at the start of each season - the low amount of games played gave unrealistic games played %'s. This was circumvented by simply resetting every player on MD4 to be happy and willing to renew, which is obviously not ideal. The new system instead looks at the gametime a player has had over a rolling 66 matchday period (or from when he joined the club) meaning we don't have to reset happiness every season.

The player will vocalize his levels of gametime and personal happiness through his thoughts.

RENEWING
To force player turnover at clubs, a player may refuse contract renewal based on gametime and personal happiness mentioned above. We cannot go through a list of player thought combinations that would indicate this for various reasons but if it's clear they're unhappy they could refuse to renew. Initially this will effect on average maybe 2-3 players per team but we will be increasing it as managers get better with squad rotation.

RELEVANT THOUGHTS
We have also finished our work on making player thoughts relevant to a player characteristics. If a player is injured for instance, he may choose to comment on his injury - the sentence he uses to do so will give an indication of how susceptible to injury he is. If you notice that a certain player is getting injured a lot, take a look at the comment he is using - if you are looking to buying a player that uses the same comment when injured, be aware it's likely he will spend a similar amount of time on the sidelines. A similar relationship applies to other sentences linked to relevant aspects of a players 'personality'.

TRANSFER BLOCK
Players are now blocked from returning to a previous club for roughly 1.5-3 seasons. The length of the block varies per player depending on a hidden factor - some will be happy to return after 1.5 seasons, some will refuse to return for 2.5. The block applies to any previous clubs within the players block period, irrespective of how many clubs the player has passed through since.

LOAN BLOCK
This was activated at the beginning of the season but just a reminder to those that didn't see it. In order to prevent managers abusing the loan system to keep players happy there is now a 2 loan limit between the same clubs at any one time. If you have 1 player loaned in from a club and 1 player loaned out to the same club, you will not be able to conduct any more loan deals with that club. You can of course continue loaning to other clubs up to your maximum of 8 loan slots.

Postby Neil Roberts » 19/12/2016, 21:09

Ian, what happens when a player has a lengthy injury? I've already had comments from players who have been injured saying that they aren't happy with the minutes they are getting on the pitch. Will the game take into account that there isn't anything a manager can do about game minutes if a player is injured for say 12 weeks?
Neil Roberts
The Blades!!!

Postby Chew Kai Wen » 19/12/2016, 23:23

I echo Neil's views. It might be hard to programme but it will be unfair if a player is injured for say 11-12 weeks (33-36 matchdays) and then is unhappy immediately afterwards over the lack of games. Injury time must be taken into account when it comes to happiness from playing games in my opinion. Suspension too maybe, but that is a minor point considering you can't get suspended for a significant number of games!

All in all, I like the new implementation of the system, its a step forward for the game!
Season 18
- D4 League and Reserve League Winners
-Level D Cup Last 16

Season 22
C2 League Winners

Currently Manager of Getafe CF and Singapore

Postby Jamie Best » 20/12/2016, 9:05

Ian you may want to do a quick check for errors, I've just gone through the first 6 players of my squad and when selecting 'Renew Contract' I had this message for 4 of them

An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.
If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.
Jamie Best
Boca Juniors & Greece

A2 League and Reserve League Champions S27
Manager of the Season S24
A2 League Champions S24
B4 Playoff Winners S23
Level B Cup Winners S23
C7 Playoff Winners S22

Postby Ian Foletto » 21/12/2016, 14:58

Neil Roberts wrote:Ian, what happens when a player has a lengthy injury? I've already had comments from players who have been injured saying that they aren't happy with the minutes they are getting on the pitch. Will the game take into account that there isn't anything a manager can do about game minutes if a player is injured for say 12 weeks?

Sorry for late reply, but we gave priority to the error in the page.

Injuries are not counted by the page. We had a look if it was possible to include them, but it is not.
Actually, my thoughts are also these: first, also the previous system could not count them, so basically not giving any disadvantage. Second, I think one of the most common patterns in real football is players who get long injuries tend to have hard times coming back, often leaving their teams because of lack of game time, so honestly I was doubtful about adding that even if it was possible. Third, with the current formula, even in the worst case scenarios, if a player is a first team important player playing regularly, even if he is injured for 30MDs there is no way he would not renew his contract. If he wasn't playing so much, well... then it means he was not so important, so like it happens in real life, he'd leave...

Postby John Corson » 28/12/2016, 23:37

With regards to Players Traits...Are more younger players going to be given these{and to what age} or is this more a random occurrence?
"If you Believe"

Postby Ian Foletto » 13/01/2017, 14:08

John Corson wrote:With regards to Players Traits...Are more younger players going to be given these{and to what age} or is this more a random occurrence?

Sorry John, forgive my English, I didn't get the question, please let me know if you need some info.

Postby Ian Foletto » 13/01/2017, 14:26

This is just a small post, I will update later when I know all the details.

After tests we found that:

- Wages works perfectly fine. The values are correct. It seems some players have been trained way above Legendary, and also to more than 1 attribute. We saw players overtrained in 5 attributes, hence the reason for the very high salaries request.
I remember warning about this when introducing it, maybe its effects were underestimated by users, as they saw small increases at first, but the more the attribute grows, the steeper the requests goes, so the last steps are much bigger than the first ones.

Anyway, we're working on the whole issue, probably changing things a bit. Or better there could be a complete changeover soon, so will update you asap on what we decided to do.

- Players not renewing.
There are 2 things you need to know, I will add them all in the help page as this new feature is not well known yet.
One is that players become unhappy if not played enough, and this can change by fielding them. You get the feeling of them by reading their views.
Another one is that there are also some journeymen in the game, and they would not settle in any team. You cannot see who they are, they seem happy, but when asked to renew they won't, even if you always played them. They are a few, but some exists. The reason you cannot see it in views is because it makes sense that today they're happy and tomorrow they want out, and also because if we write it, nobody would buy those players. So, you have to discover it, and you probably would when a player history starts growing long... exactly what happens with real players.

At the moment contract renewals are under scrutiny, and will be for the whole season as we announced. We got a report from a team who got many of them, just an unlucky coincidence, but this got us some data, so we realize they're probably a bit too many, and we're going to tweak it a bit.

Will update you soon with new info.

Postby Andy Summers » 15/01/2017, 14:14

Ian,

Is the 'journeyman' capacity something that will apply to future academy-promoted players only, or have you retrofit this into the current player database?
Trophy Cabinet
11x Divisional Titles (6x Prem, A1, B1, C2, 2x Bundesliga)
4x Level Cup (3x Prem, A)
5x Champions League
2x ITN Cup
2x U21 World Cup (Russia, Japan)
4x Manager of the Season (S25, 27, 28, 30)

Postby Ian Foletto » 15/01/2017, 22:35

Andy Summers wrote:Ian,

Is the 'journeyman' capacity something that will apply to future academy-promoted players only, or have you retrofit this into the current player database?

Actually to be totally honest with you Andy, it has always been there.
Only that the renewal contract procedure was so "loose" (don't know how to say it in English, hope I can get the message, I mean that you could almost always renew a contract), that it had near to 0 meaning...
So simply it is now more active in the renewal process, but all players have this "value". I remember I already revealed it a few years back as one of the hidden attributes.

Postby Ian Foletto » 22/01/2017, 0:07

1st patch added.
The number of players not renewing should have decreased a bit.

Postby Ricky Graves » 28/01/2017, 23:32

With the introduction of training 'over Legendary' which has seemingly led to some players wanting astronomical wages, I was just wondering if there was a cap on wages? What if a player asks for over £100,000 per week? Will they always accept the maximum £99,999 that we can offer them or could we have players who wont renew because we can't offer them what they want? And if so, won't that lead to some players never being able to be signed as no club will be able to afford them?
Honours:
S7: B3 Champions (Sheff Wed)
S14: A1 Champions (West Ham)
S24: Prem Cup Winners
S26: World Cup Winners! (England)
S27: Prem Cup Winners
S28: ITN Cup Winners
S29: ITN Cup Winners (West Ham), World Cup Winners (England)

Postby Ian Foletto » 06/02/2017, 16:25

Ricky Graves wrote:With the introduction of training 'over Legendary' which has seemingly led to some players wanting astronomical wages, I was just wondering if there was a cap on wages? What if a player asks for over £100,000 per week? Will they always accept the maximum £99,999 that we can offer them or could we have players who wont renew because we can't offer them what they want? And if so, won't that lead to some players never being able to be signed as no club will be able to afford them?

Ricky, actually, those huge wages seem to be requested by players with multiple Legendaries and all of them overtrained.
I've seen players with 5 legendaries overtrained (despite warnings about it...) asking around £80k.
So to have them over 100k you should really go over every limit.
Anyway, in the meantime that I'm investigating this issue, deciding which way to go, I've temporarily capped the limit, not to have players going too high.

Postby Jamie Best » 06/02/2017, 16:56

Ian, what I am still not sure about is how some players can be 'overtrained' on Legendaries when they have been on fitness training for a prolonged period? At the start of every new season and at stages during the season I will keep a record of how my players' wage demands vary; if they want an increase I see this as a good thing as their attributes must have improved in some way and vice versa for a decrease, but some players seem to change very drastically. Now I know you have looked into this player specifically after it was mentioned last time, but please view the following.

Olexandr Chuvayey (Player ID 25272), his wages are currently 46,000 per week which is what they were when I signed him midway through Season 28, but please look at how his demands have increased over time.

Season 28 (MD62) - Demands 48,987
Season 29 (MD14) - Demands 52,135
Season 29 (MD31) - Demands 53,955
Season 29 (MD63) - Demands 59,118
Season 30 (MD1) - Demands 59,533
Season 30 (MD15) - Demands 94,128
Season 30 (MD29) - Demands 95,793

Ian Foletto wrote:I've seen players with 5 legendaries overtrained (despite warnings about it...)

Now this player has 5 legendary attributes, but he has been on fitness training for 53 matchdays which takes us back to around MD42 of Season 29, so how can the sudden jump this season be explained? You said above 'despite warnings about it' yet I haven't deliberately overtrained his legendary attributes. He is not the only one of my players who's demands have increased sharply, but his are the most extreme.
Jamie Best
Boca Juniors & Greece

A2 League Champions S24
B4 Playoff Winners S23
Level B Cup Winners S23
C7 Playoff Winners S22

Postby Ian Foletto » 09/02/2017, 11:17

Thanks for this info Jamie, very useful. I have a look.

Postby Jamie Best » 22/02/2017, 11:49

Any news on this Ian, his demands are now up to 98,383! At this rate he'll be asking for over 100k before the end of the season. He's still on fitness training too.
Jamie Best
Boca Juniors & Greece

A2 League Champions S24
B4 Playoff Winners S23
Level B Cup Winners S23
C7 Playoff Winners S22

Postby Ian Foletto » 27/02/2017, 10:10

Jamie Best wrote:Any news on this Ian, his demands are now up to 98,383! At this rate he'll be asking for over 100k before the end of the season. He's still on fitness training too.

I am yet to solve it, but it seems we have found what happened.
There is probably an error.
When we changed the renew page, for some reason, one piece got lost. It was the part I introduced some time ago, which excluded mentality and intelligence from being counted in the overtraining calculations.
It seems we lost it while "translating" the page, and it could be the reason why wages keep growing despite not being trained.
I was surprised by the reports saying that wages kept growing despite not being trained, but since I knew I had removed mentality and intelligence I would have never guessed that was the issue :shock:
Anyway, I will let you know as soon as I sort it out. Probably many players will ask for less money.

Return to End Of Season 29